Events in 2021
On 30 April 1821, nobody had any illusions about the Emperor's fate on St Helena. The Count of Montholon, Napoleon's confidant and executor of his will, wrote: "From today, Antommarchi will keep watch in the dining room, as there can be no illusion about the danger. All hope is lost, as Dr Arnott has told us.
In this year of commemoration, the Château de Fontainebleau should soon be able to confirm the Napoleonic reconstructions on 16 and 17 October 2021. To be continued ...
In the meantime
- Download the Little Globe Trotter application "Napoleon at Fontainebleau
- Napoleon I at Fontainebleau" tour: May to December
- One Fate, Eight Works" tour (podcasts): May to December
- Exhibition "A Palace for the Emperor. Napoleon at Fontainebleau": from 15 September 2021 to 3 January 2022
- Residence of Thomas Hengelbrock and the Balthasar Neumann Ensemble and Choir: 17 to 26 September